Deeside Learners Your key to a Safer Drive
DEESIDE LEARNERS GROUP
Driving lessons and tests: Welsh Government announcement on alert level 4
The Welsh Government has announced that everyone in Wales
You can read more about the measures on GOV.Wales
Driving lessons must not take place in alert level 4.
You must not travel out of an alert level 4 area to give driving lessons.
All car driving tests are suspended in alert level 4.
We'll email candidates affected by this
We’ll send you an email with the new time and date as soon as possible;
If the new time and date is not suitable for you or your pupil,
All theory tests are suspended in alert level 4.
We will email anyone who has booked a test and is affected by this
When you come for your driving test
Do not arrive for your driving test more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
The driving test centre waiting room will be closed to help prevent the spread of coronavirus, but the toilets will be available on request.
Keeping you safe when you take your test
DVSA has introduced social distancing measures and safety precautions.
- driving examiners wearing face coverings - they might also choose to wear gloves and use disposable seat covers
- limiting the number of people arriving for a driving test at the same time
- not allowing your driving instructor or supervising driver to sit in the back during your test
Wearing a face covering
You must bring and wear a face covering when you come for your test, unless you have a good reason not to. This includes if:
- you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
- putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
- you need to remove it during your test to avoid harm or injury or the risk of harm or injury to yourself or others
You need to say if you have a good reason not to wear a face covering when you arrange your test.
Your test will be cancelled if you come for your test without a face covering and you did not declare you could not wear one when you arranged your test.
You will need to remove your face covering briefly so your driving examiner can check your ID.
During your driving test
If you have a problem with your face covering during the test, your driving examiner will ask you to stop so you can adjust it. Your driving examiner will end the test early if it becomes a safety issue.
If you make a mistake
You can carry on if you make a mistake during your driving test.
If you make a serious or dangerous fault, which means you’ve failed, your driving examiner will direct you back to the driving test centre, where the test will end. This is to minimise the amount of time you need to spend in the vehicle.
At the end of your test
Your driving examiner will:
- ask you to get out of your vehicle before they give you your test result feedback
- ask if you want your instructor to come over to listen to the feedback if it’s safe to do so
This is to minimise the amount of time you need to spend in the vehicle.